The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

controlling reality

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

controlling reality Empty
PostSubject: controlling reality   controlling reality Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 pm

While pondering what is so special about man and what god truly is, i was reminded of us being images of god. So if we were indeed images of god, in a sense, we would be realities of god. Reality as we know it could simply be a thought in our minds although we believe it as true.

If we became self aware that we are thoughts, then we should be able to control our thoughts and change them. Changing our realities.

So if we were simply a thought, or conscience, then we, as we believe to exist now, would basically be immortal. this life could be nothing more than one version of your life.

Death irrevelent for would never truly die. At the same we may see how little our petty lives would be. We would probably also be more indifferent about what happens in life. knowing this was not our only life to live.

but what would be the point of living then? if it did not matter, why participate? maybe that is some of what free will is. although we may be simply a imagination of god in a physical form, our free will allows us to live the life we want, to enjoy it how we see fit. maybe he sees and experiences all of what we do collectively but allows us to make our own choices? but what exactly is the free will that seperates us from any other animal on this planet and more importantly, why do we not know this. what could be clocking our connection back to knowing god personally and knowing the truth?

this was just something that popped in my mind and i used the forum as a journal space so to speak. also wanted to through any ideas like this out there for others' input. feel free to respond anyway you feel like responding.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: controlling reality   controlling reality Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 am

GOOOOD QUESTIONS.
Seems to me that there is a path towards the beyond and then a return. In fact eternity should be understood and lived even in the little things.
Scratching the belly, tying the shoes or staying in the shadow in a hot sunny day.
Eternity could be there as well.
If you realize it NOW, actually IS here.
Greetings
Back to top Go down
Thoth

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: controlling reality   controlling reality Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm

We (all living things) are God. You and I individually are god. (Lower case g) all children of the same energy/life force/tree of life
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: controlling reality   controlling reality Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:10 am

Zosimo wrote:
In fact eternity should be understood and lived even in the little things.
Scratching the belly, tying the shoes or staying in the shadow in a hot sunny day.
Eternity could be there as well.
If you realize it NOW, actually IS here.
Greetings

Would this mean the same as living in the moment? If so, should we not be worrying about time? "Enjoy the little things in life." What is your opinion on daydreaming?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: controlling reality   controlling reality Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:43 am

Well, dear bro,
If daydreaming is just letting go your mind toward your fantasies it's a nightamare.
If daydreaming is being in the perception that "life is a dream"... My compliments.
Being here and now has not being invented by E. Tolle or other new agers but it is a very, very ancient insight.
It is put gate to eternity
and the experience and of our primordial face.

Did it never happened to you?
I'm sure it has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: controlling reality   controlling reality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

controlling reality
Page 1 of 1