The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OBE Feb 27, 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crestington

Crestington

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:01 am

Yesterday I wrote to dreamnotez about Astral travel in her thread in the spiritual section and gave her a couple reccomendations

Quote :

relax and try not to tense up

Let go..... I got the feeling that I might die and stopped a couple times. Once I let it wash over me, I experienced a swirling feeling, like my whole body was twisting and spinning just above my bed. I stood up and I was in my dream but I could also feel myself lying on my bed.

When your in a dream or otherwise, RELAX. I got stuck halfway through a thick wall, when I tried to push hard through the wall everything began to fade, once I relaxed and tried it gently, I got through easily.

Get rid of distractions and loud noises before you start, they feel like physical blows.

Make sure you have no obligations the next morning, your mind needs to be focused on whats happening now and not drifting in the past or future. It holds you back to be thinking "I have to do this now, I have to get up in 6 hours for work"

Keep trying, it can take hours. When you feel like giving up, keep trying some more, eventually you will get there.

And I began to question the validity of my information because it has been a few months since I had a forced OBE so I decided to try so that I may be able to help her if she has more questions.

I started at around 7:15 pm, I laid on my bed, flat with my legs straight and my hands gently resting on my pelvis and began to let myself relax. Cars were driving by, dogs were barking outside, they became whitenoise but my window was rattling to the wind and I couldn't block it out. I got up and stopped my window from rattling, went pee and got a drink of water, It was about 7:45. After eliminating the wondow, everything else became whitenoise. I laid down, and let myself sink into my mattress, tried to sink further, and further. My heart was beating hard and I focused on slowing my heartrate down, between breaths I counted 3-4 beats, but not staying long enough between breaths that I was holding my breath. My thoughts staryed a bit but I brought them back focusing on the feeling of my legs and arms going numb, making sure I was neither moving any part of my body nor was I tensing up. I felt a bit uncomfotable with my legs straight and so I changed positions so that I laid flat, cross legged, with hands behind my head. I think it is just important that your spine is straight. I continued to let my body sink into the mattress, with moving a muscle, I began to feel a floating feeling and a slight pressure in my forehead. It started to feel like my heart was fluttering, an uncomfortable ripping sensation, I let it wash over mr and I tore out of my body, I estimate that it was around 8:15.

I was on a beatiful country hill with flowers all around, and I was floating in a stream down the hill, it was a beautiful sunny day. I was in the same position as when I was on my bed and I had this really pleasent feeling, like the perfect day. I slid over rocks gently and once I was at the bottom I wanted to go again, and I kind of went up hill and back the same way down, the pleasent feeling got even stronger, it was great.

The rest that I can remember was a part a little later on when I was close to fading back but let myself relax and I stayed out. Also, I was with all these other people and I was focusing my energy into a ball between my hands. I could feel a pushing force and I caused my energy to focus into a tight ball. I had stopped for some reason and some guy said he didn't believe me and I started to focus my energy into a ball again, he said "wait I think I see something" and I put my hands on either side of his head with the energy still flowing between my hands and said "wake up" as it zapped him. His face went blank and a few seconds later he dissappeared. After that I faded out but instead of waking up in my bed, I went to sleep. I woke up shortly later, it was 10:45

The control of where I went in the OBE wasn't as important as gaining more experience of getting out. Although I wish I would have remembered more, it was the quickest I got out and the longest once i was out. Relaxtion and letting go is key, trying to push or force your way out has yet to work for me.

Now, I am wondering if anyone has any experience elevating out of dreamstate once out of their body or how I might go upon exit of my body into physical reality.
Back to top Go down

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:53 am

Hello Crestington, I have always wanted to have an OBE, but never got around to it. I tried the other night, but alas, no success. I guess it's a given to fail on your first try. I can't answer any of your questions, but I was wondering, how long does someone have to practice before they actually have an OBE? I'm confident in my ability to relax, that's not a problem, it's actually getting out that would be a problem for me.
Back to top Go down
Crestington

Crestington

Male

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:29 am

You most likely have already have had one at some point in your life, spontaneous OBE's happen all the time. It is usually when you have found yourself in a dream and you have concious thought as it is happening, you can feel, taste, see, and even do things like move objects, control your energy, move through walls, and fly. What I would like to help with is the practice of conciously going into an OBE at will. Astral Projection is different from Lucid Dreaming because although I am concious and participating in my dream, I can also feel myself lying on my bed and hear sounds in the room (like my roomate snoring)

I still have trouble doing it myself and although I have had some success, there are still alot of times where I fail my attempts. Success and failure depends on you, you could have an OBE on your first attempt or it could take years. Be determined to do it but also be patient and remember what happens each time that you attempt an OBE. Best time to attempt it is when you are not bogged down by worries or on a crunch for time, and try not to get excited if you feel you are close.

Try not to get frustrated if you fail and keep trying, you will get there.
Back to top Go down

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:25 pm

I'm greatful for those words of encouragement. I was wondering something though. Could a sense of dajavu have anything to do with OBEs, or is it perhaps a part of Clairvoyance? I have had several occasions in my life where I have felt like I have been there before, at that exact moment, doing the exact same thing, or having the exact same conversation while the person is cooking a particular food. When this happens, I have this strange feeling, and I always think to myself, 'Huh, this feels so strangely familiar, almost as though it has happened before.'

Perhaps I can see into the future while in a dreaming state. If this is the case, then it will be interesting to see what happens when I take the Elixir.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 pm

If you do not feel a tremendous thundering of energy throughout your entire body, then you are NOT astral projecting, you are only DREAMING of leaving your body.

A true OBE experience requires an insane amount of power to separate your astral body from the physical body. Lots of people have dreams they left their bodies and happily assume they experienced a true OBE.

When you actually leave your body, you are more conscious and more aware and awake than you could ever be in your physical body. The brain waves of your physical body will actually be beyond the normal Beta levels into GAMA levels, where your brain is processing information much faster than normal. This is why the Astral world feels so much more real than your normal state of mind.

When you have a true OBE experience, there will absolutely NO DOUBT about what has happened. There will be no foggy moments of the experience and NOTHING will be forgotten. If your memory is at all vague about certain details of your experience, then it was not a genuine astral projection.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Crestington

Crestington

Male

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:31 am

It is different than dreaming because I am both participating conciously in my dream (can feel touch etc.) and can feel myself on my bed and can hear things that happen in my room. I also feel myself going into this state by a ripping sensation (surge of energy) and leave by fading out. I can control of my arms and legs and if I move any part of my body or lose concentration, everything fades out, and I am back.

What you explain makes it sounds like black and white, either it's astral projection or your dreaming. When I felt paralysed during sleep, I thought I was awake but I wasn't, like I was half way out of my body. I think that it is varying levels of awareness, starting with sleep and up to and beyond what you are talking about, the difference between crawling and running.

If you have experienced what you are talknig about, then please tell me how you did it. I am trying to work out a tried and true method of achieving OBE's that I can teach to others.

thank you
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am

There are hundreds of books writtend about astral projection, and you can throw them all right out the window.

Once you start taking the elixir, you won't need any special technique to leave your body.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Crestington

Crestington

Male

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:41 am

I didn't have enough time yesterday so I thought I would elaborate on the subject.

I first read about Astral projection a couple years ago and really wanted to have an OBE myself. I read up on Koda's place about his experience and tried for one of my own. I tried for months, slowly getting closer, I could get to a point where my whole body felt numb or a floating feeling and a pressure in my head but I would pull back when I felt the ripping sensation. One day when I was trying I got past the point where I feel the ripping sensation and felt as though my whole body was spinning around the room and I stood up and I was in a dream. Since then I've had about 30 or so OBE's all done the same way, it starts with the whole body going numb and a slight pressure in the head followed by a ripping sensation in the chest and a whoosing/spinning feeling and then I'm in a dream but I also feel myself lying on my bed and can hear things going on in my room. One night my roomate was snoring and I could hear her, feel myself on my bed and participate in my dream all at the same time.

I met an ex army officer named ron who told me that when he was my age he mastered being able to find people and places in his sleep (it took him about 5 years of practice). He used it to find his wife and then would tell her where she was that night but she hated that he could do it. He said that he would think about one place or person he would like to find before he went to sleep and that if he picked an either or scenerio (or lost concentration) that he would instead end up riding on the back of a polar bear in the artic or something similiar.

I have also experienced lucid dreaming. The difference between this and lucid dreaming is that lucid dreaming occurs once you are already asleep when you are doing dreamchecks and realise you are dreaming. What I did was go straight from awake to dreamstate without the blank time of drifting off to sleep.

For the longest time I thought that what I was doing was concious lucid dreaming until I came across this site http://www.spiritual.com.au/astral.html

They describe exactly the process I used to exit, and the duality I felt and about sleep paralysis. When I felt sluggish and heavy and thought I was awake, I got halfway out of my bed, only to wake up right away being in the position I went to sleep. They mention that sleep paralysis is the halfway point of being in and out. They also mention that if you lose concentration on where you are that you drift into dreamstate, I agree and it would explain why I didn't end up in my room and in dreamstate instead. Of all the times that I've tried and succeeded having an OBE, I was focused on actually doing it and not the place in which I would go so I would end up in dreamstate instead of in a place or with a person I want to find. The purpose of the OBE that I described in this topic was to be able to get out quicker and stay out longer and have a little more experience in my exit strategy, I was wholly impressed with myself when I accomplished my goal. What I need to work on is visualising the ONE place or person I want to go to when I leave so that I don't end up in dreamstate.

It was an OBE that I experienced but a method to guided dreaming is still a step in the right direction.

One day I had churchgoers come up to me on the street, asking me if I want to join the church of jesus christ of latter day saints and accept jesus as my saviour. I asked them if they believed in evolution, they said no, god created the world. I asked them how they knew this and they replied that god told them. I asked them how they knew that it was god they were talking to and they said "I just know" at which point I walked away.

I don't have all the answers and may even be wrong on some points but I expect that when someone makes a statement that they can come up with evidence so I tried and will always try to do the same.

Thanks Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OBE Feb 27, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBE Feb 27, 2009   OBE Feb 27, 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OBE Feb 27, 2009
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Astral Journeys-
Jump to: